Re: Performing at school Friday, random wave of low confidence has struck again

echoe ... echoe what Sergio said Kay'lon.  Disappointing you did not get applause however I have experienced that with instrumental material, sometimes people don't know what to do with it, meaning absent words which I'm assuming you were instrumental, they don't completely get it.  However point is you rose to the occasion, put yourself out there and showcased your music and that's the best part.  Kudos on all.  Just saw your name on the potential Y2K performance list, hope you are going and going to perform.  I cannot justify making it out this year sadly but will in the future.  Keep following your muse my friend.

Jim

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Sergio G <simpliflying@gmail.com> wrote:
That's the point of no return my friend. You jumped in the dark even if with doubts, and you passed :)
From now on, you will be stronger, faster, harder!
:)
There are no bad experiences.

Ser

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:46:18 -0700

Subject: Re: Performing at school Friday, random wave of low confidence has struck again
From: k3zz21@gmail.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

It went OK. Not terrible not great. I had quite a few setbacks such as huge sun glare on my computer so the screen was absolutely useless. Also i think my midi controllers had a few malfunctions because of the heat. Sometimes the faders wouldnt work and sometimes switching instrument patches seemed like it wasnt working instantly like it should have either. Overall It was a good experience. For one, it was my longest looping performance so far (about 12-14 minutes). Students didnt even give an applause after I was done but whatever, I enjoyed it the feeling of being brave and encouraged enough to follow through. I consider this an opportunity I had to share my music as someone mentioned before me, rather than to "put on a performance".