Re: OT: Anyone having trouble with audio applications on Mountain Lion?

If only it -were- that simple, Per.

One symptom which requires the SMC reset is that the "energy saver" functions misbehave. I battled a problem which caused the erroneous instanciation of the screen saver (when set to "never" in the preference pane), repeatedly deleting "By Host" preferences, and until I reset the SMC, nothing solved the issue.

At 1:48 PM +0200 10/7/12, Per Boysen wrote:
On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net> wrote:
 > Waking the damn thing from sleep is as buggy as hell, however.

Try this:  https://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Easy fix: Simply turn off "Energy Saver" for a machine being used for
audio production! :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com