Re: Balancing out your practice

Can anyone say, "The Orb"? DJ Spooky, that subliminal kid?

per has nailed it squarely on the head.
Rig

From: Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 3:03 AM
Subject: Re: Balancing out your practice

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Jack Cattedra
<the_beat_conductor@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I highly recommend this album! It was produced by an L.A. artist known as
> Madlib who IMHO is one of the illest loopers in modern music today. This
> album was composed entirely of bass loops, and the rest of the tracks were
> fully played out live. Madlib was not musically trained at the time, and
> just played what he felt.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXCUKY6dCg

That clips sounds very cool to me! Makes me think about The Avelanges
collage music. This cut and paste vibe fully directed by just
listening to one's own taste is so nice! Many great musicians work
hard to learn that and keep coming up with music theory based
strategies... but creating such music really comes down to listening!
I've heard this vibe resonating through Miles Davis music as well as a
lot of DJ produced techno.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com