Re: a new album, "Melting River"

Ljova,

Congratulations on your album release! Beautiful stuff!  Listening now. Nice grooves hear and there and a real ethereal vibe over all.  I'm a contra bassist and really love the bowed string sounds, great job on all the compositions and playing, I'll recommend this to friends.  Steve Uccello

www.clarifiedbirds.com

From: Lev 'Ljova' Zhurbin <ljova@ljova.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:45 PM
Subject: a new album, "Melting River"

Dear List,

I wanted to share with you a new album I've just released, oh, about 10 minutes ago.
Initially, I wanted to record it all with a looper, and to perform it live -- I even bought a softstep and had a brief masterclass with my guru Todd [Reynolds, not Rundgren] but the music got a little too complicated for that, and the deadlines I was dealing with.

Still, the music is very loop-inspired, including my first trials in Ableton..

You can listen to it for free at http://Ljova.bandcamp.com/album/melting-river

I would of course be excited to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

warmly,
Ljova