Re: Solo shows

I don't play out as much as I used to - and even then it was not as often
as many "weekend warrior" types (not by long shot).

Even so, as I get older and less able to schlepp gear, I am increasingly
less interested in rehearing "tunes" with a bunch of guys whose taste I
don't really share and whose music I don't really believe in.

I am through trying to "fit in."

I do the odd solo dance/performance space/art gallery show a few times a
year - either as a solo or improvising with a few capable collaborators.

Other than playing in my own living room or garage that is is.

I don't have the time or stamina for club gigs or fests...and definitely
still have too much gear for spontaneous "open mikes."

Life's too short for rehearsals, pandering to unappreciative club
audiences, or playing any other music than what I or my collaborators can
invent/devise right there, in the moment, right now.

I always use looping to some degree or another, but do not consider myself
a "looping artist" nor do I market myself that way (even though I have
been looping for 30 years).

As I get older too, my tastes have been becoming less and less mainstream
too.

I find I would almost rather listen to between-station radio static, road
noise, and the sound of the wind than the stuff that comes out of most car
radios.

If I were considered a purveyor of "world music" my music would be the
national musical art form of a country populated by exactly one.

And, in my crotchety old age, I am beginning to actually like it that way.

:-)

Ted