Re: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?

I think it's like a warble quality that Roger Waters also has.  Check out David Bowie singing on Comfortably Numb on the David Gilmour solo DVD and then compare it to how Graham Nash and David Crosby sing on the same DVD.  Who is better? All of them for different reasons.  Who do I prefer?  David Bowie even though Nash and Crosby can sing sweet perfect harmonies.

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Luis Angulo <louie.angulo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> wow really? i dont think ive heard Bowie out of tune,hes a fav of mine
> id be interested in hearing that!

Hey - that is exactly what I mean! It doesn't sound out of tune, he
sounds just awesome - but if you analyse it theoretically some notes
are off. "Off" might be a bad choice of word because it feels just
right, musically and emotionally. To me Bowie sounds better singing
out of tune than many other singers that nail every damn note
perfectly. The harsh pitching attitude gives an authentic vibe to his
singing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com