Re: Quandry about Posting Duplication

Yasuz!! I hoop peeple inderstool my spilling, Im a tib disleksick, and if I write oot fast I often write sdrawkcab!!

yrros

Kram

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
I have a different take on the various flavours, although I too dont care about multiple postings, but there IS a variation in use between the Facebook page and the Mailing list (im not on Livelooping.org (well I am but I dont like forums, cos I have to go and check them specifically))

Facebook lends itself to quoting: Either YouTube links of performances, Soundclouds or other Facebook posts. Discussions work well, cos the conversation is threaded, like gmail is, but I dont really think of Facebook as a permanent media (I cant SAVE a thread, as is, although I spose I could Screenshot a page, and post to Evernote (my favorite saving place .. text searchable images.. nice).
The Mailing list is for me what REALLY excels at discussion however, in combination with threading turned on, (gmail, mac Mail)  I get a single threaad dedicated to a discussion, that I can save locally if its a "keeper"(they often are) and with Gmail I can even grab back earier bits of a conversation I already deleted (before the thread got interesting for example!)

Personally I only post to the LD Mailing list (but WOULD post to FB if I was revealing some work to the community, but as I havent recorded any-looped-thing for 8 years...
There are other FB groups I post to (Ricks Stompbox for example) but of rlooping, I prefer a "one stop shop".. For me thats LD, and always has been.

I think you should assume that we are all subscribed to everything Rick, which we post on, is more a personal choice, but... if we all posted to all of them... well THEN we might want to discuss some rules of thumb, but one or two cross posts, is of course fine!

Mark