Re: QuadraVerb GT - Replacement?

Just thought I'd mention I have an Alesis Quadraverb for sale (I was just about to place it on eBay). It is in excellent condition in perfect working order with manual. $80.00. Plus $10 shipping US east coast. $12 west.

Regards, Paul

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

From: van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk>;
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>;
Subject: Re: QuadraVerb GT - Replacement?
Sent: Sun, Dec 23, 2012 10:28:46 AM

If flexibility is what you're looking for, maybe consider Digitech TSR-24.
Nothing is fixed. It has two inputs, four outputs, and an effects library.

Pick an input, pick an effect, link, pick next effect, link, split into parallel, pick effects, link, and so forth.
You can create feedback loops, complete with effects in 'em.
You can create your own named effects chains, which can be used in presets.
All effects can be reused as many times as desired - until DSP power and memory is exhaused, of course.

Reverbs are quite good, though not Lexicon space.
Tracks really well with pitch transposing and harmonizing, even at low freqs (I play 8-string guitar).
Harmonizings can feel slightly synthetic (which can actually be quite cool), and there's no intelligent pitch transposing.

The 'S' model has dual S/DISH DSP's and memory, can do more, and allows ring-out as well as ramping-up a new preset (even with a predelay).
Just notice that you can no longer buy an S/DISH processor module, so go for a TSR-24S right away.

One potential negative could be that Digitech has lousy service overseas and won't support/repair it, not even answer a support post - but then again, it can be found dirt cheap, so just apply the basic rule from public spendings: Why build one if you can have two at twice the price ;)

Stephen Goodman wrote:
> I think the main thing I'm looking for is what the QV was very good at: Multiple effects with versatile configurability on them...
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Tony K
> Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 10:46 AM
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Re: QuadraVerb GT - Replacement?
>
> I have the MPX100 also and like it.  Hard to go wrong with Lexicon reverbs.
>
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Scott Hansen <evanpeewee@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> i'm not familiar w/ the quadraverb....about 10 yrs ago i bought a lexicon
>> mpx100 unit (bill frisell used the same unit, that's why i bought it!)
>> mine unfortunately died about 3 yrs after use (i think bill's is still going
>> strong!). i was bummed, b/c it was one of the rare gear purchases that i
>> bought NEW!
>> about 3-4 yrs ago i bought a lexicon mx200 for like $90, used (the original
>> mpx100 was a $199 purchase)...and it is still going strong.
>> i like it. i find that i use about 3 or 4 different reverb options that
>> sound good to me.
>> good luck!!!
>> s---
>>

>> re:
>> Yep, after 20 years the old QV finally gave it up. What's a good successor I
>> can get, O Informed Ones? Thanks.

-- rgds,
van Sinn