Re: Music Notation symbols for loops?

We're already deeply into extended notation here so I'd say anything
that simplifies reading for performance can be used. I once had a
chance to study a score by Elliot Sharp for an octet and he had simply
penned in instructions in plain English to the musicians on the bars
where that made more sense then traditional notation symbols. It was
mainly a normal score but on certains bars Sharp's instructions to the
musicians were in functionality equal to Ableton Live's Follow
Actions. When each player were instructed to "pick any five notes",
and similar, this comes close to a random implementation.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen