Re: Tips and Tricks of Gear Organization

Love to see a pic of your Studio Richard! My God that sounds like the set-up I tell my wife I want...
I HAD a room.. with gear in... not in a nice horseshoe, things piled on top of other things, half built art in the corner... CDs, records, half drum kits, old TVs, My trusty Amiga...  It was a mess, but it was nice to be in.. a nice mess!

Now I rent that house, and have locked that door, so not I have small desk, with a few things on the corner... 2 EDPS a mixer and a few stomps ... again all piled on top of each other.. an awful mess... I took the most vital things out of my rack, and am going to  build (this Sunday.. definitely... no excuses...) a lightweight aluminium frame/rack... that will just about fit in a suitcase... stuffed with soft thigns...
Im doing a gig in Italy in February... so its a nice chance to try something minimal out... Its interesting... So... I must say, although I´m jealous of people with tidy studios, I kinda like it a bit messy... means Im not averse to changing stuff around... For six months I only played my guitar through a synthesiser... I thought that was what I was gonna to forever... stopped.. and havent done it for years... For that last 2 years Ive been a post loop processor,  (who cares what goes in, its how you tweak it that counts) Now IM discovering the fun in just looping like a tape machine, and getting the sound in the guitar processing or PRE loop...

As for tips for gear organization... wrong man to ask, but I am  bit sick of cable ties (meaning the permanent ones that pull a sawtoothed strip thru a hole, cos they are quite sharp! I have cable tied my hex pickup lead, a reglar guitar lead and a 9V power cable (that powers my guitar) all together, with cable ties... I cut my fingers EVERY time I coil that bastard... Im considering finger knitting a a colourfull long sock of many colours!