Re: LP-2 questions

On 1/15/2013 3:18 PM, Paul Sullivan wrote:

Thanks for your questions, Paul.   Here are some answers for you.
Let me know if any of them are not comprehensible.  I'll do my best now.

I'm hoping some of you are more in the know by now, I'm still not sure how to use many of the functions. The 3 page sheet that comes with is bare bones . Hopefully at some point there will be a real manual, or do a fully instructional video to do it justice. In the meantime, I have just a few questions for those more attuned to it's features and quirks than I (and thanks in advance):
Bill and I have been really busy over the holidays but are immediate intention is to begin making a comprehensive video manual for the website and for youtube.  Bear with us,  we're juggling trying to make a living as musicians in Northern California.
1 )I  love the multiple layers of undo while in play, is there any way to undo the undo--add back the layers one at a time, until you're back to the original fully overdubbed loop? Like peeling an onion and then re-assembling it?

No, there is no 'RE-DO' of an UNDO on the LP-2    You can build it up (up to 30 overdubs) and peel it back, but you've got to rerecord to put it back together again.
When you use UNDO,  you have to use the function,  one overdub (your last one) at a time.

2) Once you've recorded a loop and it's playing, to record another loop do you have to go into configuration mode and shift to another slot to record the next loop--or is their an easier way with less button pressing?
There is no ERASE function.    Like many loopers on the market, to record another track, you need to STOP the loop that is playing and the hit RECORD to erase the last loop playing and record a new one.

3) Are loops automatically saved to the card, even after powering down and back up again? If not, is there any way to save them to the card short of not turning it off?
Loops are automatically recorded to the card in it's present location.
If you want to SAVE the last loop you recorded,  you need to move the LP-2 to another loop location.   In my next post I'll included directions for these more sophisticated
functions (so it's more easily archived.

1) Saving Loops
2) Changing effect selection in the middle of a performance
3) Undoing the last layer.

4)  I seem to pick up a lot of clicking from the rapid button presses when I do lots of reverse and 1/4 speed overdubs on a track--anyone else hearing this? Also happens during the mutiple levels of replace.
I'm not experiencing that on the two that I"m working with right now.   When did you recieve your LP-2?
If it was in the first batch, then you will need to get it replaced as there were some defects in the hardware that had to be redisigned.     Let me know when you got it.

It is is a very cool box, just trying to figure it out. I like some things I did, but I'm not sure how to repeat them...
For something as relatively cheap as it is, and as small as it is,  it's pretty danged sophisticated.
It will take some time to get the hang of it.    Of course, I remember how mistified I was by the EDP when I first got it.      Most loopers I've found, tend to have pretty crummy manuals.
We're hoping that by taking a bit of time and doing video demos that we can eliminate this problem.
In the meantime,  feel free to write to me for questions you have.

Yours,   Rick Walker

thanks,
Paul