Re: new video/song

On Jan 27, 2013, at 1:14 AM, mark francombe wrote:

 can we have a little nerd info on the musical set-up please?

Sure.

The instrument is an Alchemy synth preset on the iPad that is being played using the little Korg Nano-Key keyboard.
The input is going into Ableton Live and recorded. The original piece is about 2 minutes long.

Then in Live, I am using the delay plugin Replicant, the Crossfade Synth plugin and Pluggo's Slice-n-Dice as well as multiple instances of Ableton delays and beat repeats in various combinations.
I created about 8 versions of the 2 minute piece, selected portions and melded them together in the audio editor Bias Peak.
In some of the versions there was serious extensive popping/clipping caused by the software that I decided to edit out. Quite a significant amount of time was needed to smooth some of the events out.

The video clip is not really edited at all. The original clip was a bit over 4 minutes and I slowed the speed down to about 47% making the clip a bit over 8 minutes long so that it fit the audio time. Any apparent syncing of audio to image is by chance.

Thanks for listening!

BobC