Re: OT Data Recovery

Yep, you could try a data recovery program.

Likely
..the free demo will let you see if recovery is possible, and maybe salvage one or 2 files. After that you'll have to pay.

While the data will still be on the disk, it's possible the directory
structure is gone, especially as you did that stuff on Windows.

If the mechanism to read the disk is damaged you'll need to send it away for data recovery, and pay a lot.

If you can find someone local to you who will run data recovery
at a reasonable price it might be a good idea just to go to them.
They'll know what works already, and won't erase more data in the attempt
to recover.

good luck,
..and from now on you'll keep a backup, right?

andy

Art Simon wrote:
There are several free data recovery software programs out there. I've actually had very good luck with them the few times I've needed it. I can't remember the particular version I used, but a search on downloads.com <http://downloads.com> turned up this:
http://download.cnet.com/File-Scavenger-Data-Recovery-Utility/3000-2094_4-10028488.html

If that one doesn't work, try a few more. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.