Re: Audio Interface for Guitar+Mic

I've been setting up Bidule in many variation for multiple inputs. For
guitar + mic I cable the guitar input into some kind of "pre amp
plugin", a compressor or fuzz and after that into a audio switcher to
switch between several optional effect chains. The mic input I cable
first into a volume control (assigned to a physical expression pedal
so I can mute the bitch to prevent feedback and noise getting layered
into loops) and then I cable the mic line right into the audio
switcher so it uses the same effects as the guitar. This routing saves
a lot of CPU. With my previous mics I had to add an EQ right after the
input to boost treble and cut bass and low mid but with my recent TC
Helicon MP-70 I can run it without EQ (it colors the signal the same
way you want to EQ it anyway - not good in the studio, but very
convenient in a live setup).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com