Re: Zoe Keating in NY Times article.@borisfx.com

I think you missed my point Todd, I am simply saying that what Spotify has done here in Scandinavia is placed a simple model for purchasing out there, that people have accepted, BUT they are not paying the artists, The consumers are now paying for music again, and it will increase. which means more to Spotify NOT artists. However if the cut was fair, maybe we would see some revenue getting to the musicians. It was torrents that killed the music biz, not downloads or streaming, but all models killed the musicians wage. CDBaby and Bandcamp both offer alternatives for online sales that actually are good for artists, So if Spotify has paved the way for the public to pay for music again, they may be happy to pay using other services than the rapists. ( to use Ricks original somewhat unpleasant analogy).

Small correction to Pers comment, the Scandinavian figures are not about musicians wages, they are total music sales, it says nothing about musicians earning more. Just the industry, including Spotify. But it DOES show the markets willingness to pay for music is not dead.

Sent from my (advertisement removed)