Re: Re: Realistic drum programming/recording for songs

Yes, that's it. Listening to music like that must be The Hole Graal of
music making :-)  I mean, you learn more than you're hearing. As the
guys create are more music than they are actually playing. Good
practices to learn this is to try to emphasize some part by playing
different things, playing "around" the hot spot rather than spot on.
Reggae comes to mind; with the downbeat becoming so heavy because no
one plays it. The listening logic then goes "that huge frigging hole
must be the center of the universe..."

pb