Re: Re: Realistic drum programming/recording for songs

Hey Rick

I would agree with loads of what you said.  I think that real drummers with real drums on to two track tape would be the best.

One thing I'd love to have is a reference for this: "human ear has the ability to hear up to a 1,000 increments in volume"  I'd like to read that.  Of course if it was merely a colloquialism pay no mind to my ramblings.

As far as I know JND in dB is approximately 0.5dB and of course is frequency as well as level dependent; given a typical dynamic range 1,000 increments seems incredible.

Amen to Max Roach :)

Steven