Re: Live looping to Midi Clock solution sought!

Henry,

as Per already said, that's some serious gear alert here!
In fact, there's some things I use, too (Waldorf Q, Yamaha FS1R, Korg Wavestation, Matrix-1000, Kawai K5000R).

I can't say that I completely understand everything you're trying to do here...you are playing a part on one synth (or on several ones, but no sequencer running), and then want a loop of what you just played to continue while you play the sax, and then switch back to your synth playing seamlessly...is that it?

The way I get it, you wouldn't need any specific looping things - Ableton Live in its basic functionality should be good:
have all the synths routed through live, either from your mixer's out, or via individual ins/tracks, and then those tracks routed to another track, which then is your "looping" track. Now set the monitor setting for that track to "auto", arm record on that track.

When you play your synths, you should be able to hear them just nice. Now while playing, record a clip in Live on that very track. End the recording, and voila, via the monitor "auto" setting, you will no longer hear the synths, but the tracks you just recorded. If you then stop the track, you will again hear your synths. Makes sense?

    Rainer