Re: Still More Live Questions

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Jeff Shirkey <jcshirke@frontier.com>
wrote:
> Let's say I have 15 scenes in a Live Set that I want to call up and use
> in
> different songs. Song A might use scene 1. Song B might use scene 5--and
> so
> on.  Maybe Song B will use two scenes--one each in different parts of the
> song. There is no way to program my MIDI controller so that scene a is
> armed
> when I hit song A's preset, correct? And there's no way to trigger Song
> B's
> different scenes on a per-preset basis --or as I need them-- in the song
> by
> doing that programming in advance in my MIDI controller--or is there?

MIDI PC is not good with Live, you should use simple MIDI notes
instead for launching scenes. To launch a scene in Live you learn the
MIDI Note (a CC might work too) to the corresponding slot on the
master output's column in the Session View. You can even use a MIDI
Note that are part of what your controller is sending to your guitar
rack when calling up a song, letting that event trigger both the
guitar rack stuff and launching the scene in Live. And note that there
are two options for controlling scens in Live; you may launch a scene
directly or you may select the scene (to be launched by the next
command). Oh, there is actually a third way (that I used myself with
Live for a concert once) and that is to learn the MIDI note event to
an empty scene preceding the actual scen that will start the song.
This approach also needs that you assign Live's "trigger next" button
to a pedal. At the gig I had this assigned both to a foot switch and a
hand mixer knob.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com