Re: Latency in looping path

You ned a low latency sound card for this work.  Once installed, you can =
manage your latency values in the Ableton Live's audio preferences pane.

I have had good luck with MOTU 896, 828MK and all of the RE Cards.

Best of luck,
Daniel
On Feb 19, 2013, at 9:31 AM, info@riversonicstudios.com wrote:

> Hi Per,
>
> Thought Id get back to you to thank you and your frieds on the site for
> your help.
>
> I have sussed the looping OK !
>
> However I now have another problem: progressive latency as I am now
> running my main mix
> into Ableton LIVE before it reaches the the audience! I suspect I will
> have to get a decent
> audio interface rather than using the MacPros I/O Have tried going in
> digitally from the KORG KRONOS via
> optical into the Mac- makes no difference. I suspect that coming out
> analog is the main culprit.
>
> Anyway I was just wondering how any of you guys avoid this latency when
> running through ABLETON LIVE and
> if a Firewire 800 unit like the MOTU 828 Mk" or the RME 800 would be the
> obvious solution to this problem?
>
> Audio path: I run all my synths/external drums from a bus on the analog
> mixer into a track on Ableton either using its LOOPER plugin
> or its straight forward auto input record function making sure of course
> that the track is muted once the loop plays back in either instance.
> My mixer has a ":' alternate bus rooting fortunately that allows me to
> reroot the returned signal from Ableton avoiding feedback: I actually
> send the signal via the main bus out on the mixer and reroot the return
> out of the alt3/4 bus which feeds the P.A.
>
> BTW please forgive my rude interuption but I dont quite understand the
> format of your forum yet!.. as I understand it its all via email no?
>
> Thanks! Henry

>>> on.  Maybe Song B will use two scenes--one each in different parts of
>>> the
>>> song. There is no way to program my MIDI controller so that scene a is