Re: Trento gig recording and pics

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> I like that there is always a "pulse" with Zoviet Frances stuff, but its
> often 5, 7 or whatever beats long, no obvious down beats, just loops.

Yes, I like that too! And that they often use totally out-of-key
sounds that in one way screams "not musical" but at the same time
gives the full music a very deep evocative element. I was going to
play at a Newcastle festival in the early nineties that they put on,
Z-F fixed backline and flight tickets and everything - but the week
before the festival Ben called me on the phone to tell that everything
went down the drain since the police made a razzia and closed down the
building hosting the venue. Thinking back on the dark ages before the
internet it amazes me how we just lived on and accepted all that non
communication and snail speed life as normal.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen