There's a kind of looping bit at the end of this beast, in which I "paint" semi-randomised polygons onto a screen, using a WX5 midi controller: https://vimeo.com/60905000. The idea is that the live performer plays the piece, then walks away and the system basically constructs a never-ending looping installation that creates both music and visuals.

Good to be back!

Patrick

On 3 Mar 2013, at 20:25, Jim Goodin wrote:

Patrick very rich and lovely work and to me effective looping.  Added efx of waves are cool and the editing on the opening passages was nice.  I think you are new to Loopers-Delight but I may be wrong.  If new welcome to LD.

I'm another looping fiddler among few other instruments though more of a hack :)

Jim Goodin

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM, <emmanuel.reveneau@free.fr> wrote:
Very cool work, and I love too "Walzer incerta populare"and the balance between solo instrument and textures.

----- Mail original -----
De: "mark francombe" <mark@markfrancombe.com>
À: "loopers-delight" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Envoyé: Samedi 2 Mars 2013 21:23:20
Objet: Re: Live looping, 5 string viola + ableton

Very nice Patrick!

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM, patrick dunn < patrick@networked-learning.com > wrote:

Hi all - a piece with various forms of loops, sound effects etc.

https://vimeo.com/60900434

Comments/feedback very welcome.

Thanks!

Patrick

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com

jimgoodin.com - 'Acoustic guitar renaissance, color blue, repetitive minimalism'

The Recordings of Wood and Wire Music - 'Organically inspired New Music'

From Brooklyn To Glindran, a new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds from this CD will benefit JDRF International

Tips Across the Waters, a new app for iOS from James Goodin/Wood and Wire Ware.