From: Emile Tobenfeld (a.k.a Dr. T) <emile@foryourhead.com>
Subject: Doctor T at Outpost 186 this weekend
To: DrTVideo@egroups.com
Cc: eyecandy@egroups.com, boss-improv@topica.com, iotacenter@egroups.com, Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com, atari-midi@yahoogroups.com, "Experimental Film Discussion List" <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:41 PM

Hi folks,

2 exciting events this weekend  at outpost 186

March 9 at 8:30 PM  brings Visual Music Live to Outpost 186, with old friend and very special guest David Rothenberg

Doctor T video mixing

featuring guest artist

David Rothenberg -- Nature Samples, Laptop, and Clarinet

and regular collaborators

Eric Crawley -- harpejji and Electronics
Tom Mungenast -- Electric Guitar, Electric Sitar, and Electronics

ECM recording artist David Rothenberg has performed and recorded on clarinet with Jan Bang, Scanner, Glen Velez, Karl Berger, Peter Gabriel, Ray Phiri, and the Karnataka College of Percussion.  He has twelve CDs out under his own name, including "On the Cliffs of the Heart," named one of the top ten releases of 1995 by Jazziz magazine and "One Dark Night I Left My Silent House,"  a duet album with pianist Marilyn Crispell, called "une petite miracle" by Le Monde and named by The Village Voice one of the ten best CDs of 2010. Rothenberg is the author of Why Birds Sing, book and CD, published in seven languages and the subject of a BBC television documentary. He is also the author of numerous other books on music, art, and nature, including Thousand Mile Song, about making music with whales, and Survival of the Beautiful, about aesthetics in evolution.  Last spring he released a book and CD called Bug Music, featuring the sounds of the entomological world.  You'll hear some of them tonight.

<http://www.zeitgeist-outpost.org>http://www.zeitgeist-outpost.org

March 10 8 PM   is a rescheduled Visual Music Live event at Outpost 186 in Cambridge, featuring The OUTPOST Band
Doctor T -- Video mixing
Eric Zinman --Drums
Andrea Pensado -- Electronics and voice
Michael Bloom  -- Table Guitar and bouzouki
Rick Scott -- Keyboard

Improvisation to the outer limits. Expect the unexpected-:)

-- "I rang a silent bell ..."  -- Robert Hunter
"... cast your dancing spell my way, I promise to go under it" -- Bob Dylan

My photography can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/collections/72157603627170351/