Re: Anyone here tuning guitars in fifths?

i did do it once on my VG88, as you can have any tuning you like. i think
i started with B or C on the bottom. it was pretty freaky! i have noticed
a few players tuning in fourths all the way across with C and F on the top
two strings. the range is just so big with fifths and you're limited by
what you can do with the top string. A4 is common on 8 string instruments
with scale lengths from 24-25.5in, so if you work down from there, you get
Bb, F, C, G, D, A, which is doable if you move some strings around, with
what you would normally use for a B string on the 7 string on the bottom
(down a semi), then an E string (up a semi), then a D string (down a
tone), then a G string (no change!), an E string (down a tone) and the
008in A string on top