difference harmonix 45000 and boomerang 3?

Hello everybody,

I was trying to sell my Boomerang 3 to a friend who is now interested in the Rang3.
I am pretty sure the Rang 3 is more versatile as a looper and that the 45000 cannot handle the 4 tracks in many different ways as the Rang can handle its 3 or 4 separate loops.
But this of the 4 tracks vs 4 loops had already confused me at the times of the 2880.
My friend for example insists that the 45000 has got 4 separate loops.
Could anybody help me in understanding the differences and advantages of these two loopers?
Thanks!