Re: OT: setting the gain

Agree with Per!

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Ben" <benoitruelle@yahoo.fr>
To: <loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: OT: setting the gain
Date: Fri, May 31, 2013 2:53 AM

Hello

This is quite OT but I think I may have usefull info from the techwizards on
this list.
I recently bought a zoom G5 pedalboard (a kind of M13 for the poor ;-).
I use it in front of my Fender Mustang I Combo (no FX loop), I wonder how I
should check the gain so the signal/noise ratio is the best without sound
distorsion.

The factory presets on the G5 have a lot a volume difference and my question is
how do you assure a correct level when using a multi FX like this and make an
even sound among presets?
Is the best solution to use a VU-metre on a mixing desk to create the presets?
I sometime uses the clip led of my jamman but this not precise enough. As the
amp has also its own amp modelling, using the ear is not enough to detect if the
distorsion come from the amps sim on the G5, the input overloaded or the amp sim
on the amp.

Any input?

Ben