Re: Wheres the Gordius Forum?

mark francombe wrote:
Im posting here cos I cant find the Gordius Forum, Im sure there was one, I might even be a member! Any tips?

OK one question, where I RE-ask a question from a few weeks back.
Im programming my banks now, and didnt understand the difference between Patches, Triggers, Two State effects and Momentary effects.

I NOW think I know.
I dont need Two state (stomp box) or Momentary.
But the ONLY difference I can see between Patches and Triggers, is the LED´s!!!! CAn this be true? Patches LEDs light up and stay on, whereas Triggers only light up when you are pressing down? I cant for the life of me understand why the difference in the editor is so great! Why isnt this functionality just a check box by the patch name (LED Momentary or Persistant.... For example)

ok, here's how I use it.

I have a bank of 10 patches for  EDP Presets.
When I select a preset the LED stays on.
I know which preset I'm in.

I change to a bank of Momentaries (but Triggers would be the same).
The led goes out.
I operate lots of EDP functions, an each time the led only comes on as the switch is pressed.

When I go back to my bank of presets, lo and behold the LED for the preset
comes back on, because the LG remembered the last Patch it sent.

One day I'll try and work out the difference between Triggers and
Momentaries
.....maybe.

I cant for the life of me understand why the difference in the editor is so great! Why isnt this functionality just a check box by the patch name (LED Momentary or Persistant.... For example)

Backwards compatibility with earlier editions.

So: QUESTION 1: Is there a way to copy Patches to be Triggers? Or do I have to go thru the lot and re-make them?

ok, you do rock

There are SO many options for arranging your Presets, into banks, many levels, that I dont understand!!! Banks I get, (but isnt what you need for a SONG the same as a bank?) And then Setlists I get (arranging of the songs)
I made my setup with Songs a while back, it looks like the functionality I
used
from Songs is now available in Banks.

So..forget anything I ever said about Songs, you don't need them.

(unless you join a covers band, and won't be able to remember which
bank to use for which song)

Theres a step I dont understand, which is when you make a Bank, you THEN need to make it a Banklist, whats THAT for?

Just convenience.

So when you have different types of gig to play you don't
have to scroll through every bank you ever use.

But heres the real question...
QUESTION 2: Why with so many LOW LEVEL options, is the now HIGH LEVEL functionality?

Anyway, back to example. 2 commands. One of them is the command for Record on a looper. I want to SAVE THAT COMMAND, and be able to bring it up and add it to any patch as I make it, and the other command, well it doesnt really matter what it is, just that i want to program it ONCE, and have it available in some kind of command pool, that I can drag into any switch when I want.

That's exactly what you have.

You program a patch/trigger and assign it to any switch.(in the Bank
setup).

Does that make sense?

Actually it wasnt a question, more of a wish list, discussion point.

"what can I safely ignore"

andy

Nighty night

Mark