Re: OT: Japanese analog wooden machine music

On 10/6/2013 1:59 PM, Art Simon wrote:
A couple years old but new to me. It's a very well done Japanese ad that contructs a wooden marble machine in a forest to play Beethoven's Ode to Joy.
There's also a fun video that shows how they constructed it right next to it at youtube.

In a way,    all automata used in playing music has resonance with live looping so I don't
even consider this to be off topic.

I'm obsessed with writing cyclical pieces on my toy music boxes..........composing them and then
taping them together so that you can play it over and over again without a stop.

That's truly looping...............just automata, paper composition looping

Rick