Re: OT: guitar conversion.

Everyone thanks for checking out.  For quite a while I was skeared to tackle for the proverbial fuckup ration of destroying kept putting a toe in the water and now I'm waste deep :)  My history is I initially I jumped in to my ebay fretless about a year ago and shaved the nut down quite a bit making it much more playable.  That went well.  Few months late decided I wanted to experiment making my mandolin fretless, that went well (videos about that on the channel), then I decided to convert  this Steinberger copy and dunked my head, so far that has gone well.

Mark link should work but my channel where all these are is http://youtube.com/jimgoodinmusic.

Thanks for the comments and stories.  Per I knew you had gone the route and done a lot.  I think at one of the Y2K's I was fortunate to be at you had a fretless strat if memory serves me, was that one of your creations/experiments?

Rick that sounds really neat re the bass and actually the idea both you and Bill were speaking if I got it, reminds me of the Appalachian banjo concept where I believe the first 5 or 7 are fretless and the upper fretted.

Anyhow I'm jazzed to see how it comes out.  I suspect I will desire better electronics than I ordered but to basically get sound I got a generic single coil.  The neck right now feels great re the current sand level I have it at for fretless.

I will say there is great therapy in sanding :)

Jim