Re: FaceBook and vidos + Quadropede and "good" looping

> if someone posts a vid here, Ill watch it on FB, but if they ONLY post
> on FB

That's kind of a ridiculous position. More importantly, and I'm no expert
on copy write law, but I can tell you that of the common services out
there and based on passed peeks into the license agreements back when I
cared more, Facebook may own that content once you post it there. The
other's may too by now, I don't know, these things shift, but it's
something to be aware of.

> I just enjoyed Quadropede a LOT!

I thought of a new thing to say about them that helps make the point I
sometimes, like now, feel compelled to make here for the sake of
philosophical conversation (and because it bothers me to hear feedback
without specifics...) a different way of putting it as regards that
delicate balance act of looping and how "good" it the final product really
is... looping must be wielded like a weapon or a tool... active rather
then passive. When it becomes too passive it runs the risk of failing as
something I, at any rate, actually want to hear. Anyway, Quadroped
definitely does that well. Active, intentional use looping. Like how their
2nd song starts as a minimalist song would, at least with the guitar, but
that's just a starting point. They don't get stuck there. (I know, then
its not minimalism, you say, but it's that SOUND and that's what is
awesome about minimalism at its best, so just take that part, which is
what they did.)

Clearly I don't want to work this afternoon so I am waxing philosophical.
Hopefully someone finds it interesting or useful. Apologies if not. Back
to work I go.

:)