Re: E-Bow

bad news....it needs practice :-(

Most users rely on compression/distortion to even out the volume,
in which case you go right over the p/u and don't worry about
the overload.

Without that safety net it's a matter of very carefully
adjusting distance as you sweep.

Push the bow into the strings a bit, then as it sweeps
it has some kind of plucking action.

Can also start by just sweeping 2 ( or just one) string to feel how it
works.

andy

Kevin Cheli-Colando wrote:
FWIW, I've never gotten the E-bow arpeggio thing to work on any of my guitars. I've seen/heard it done on other guitars but mine have never responded that way (sad to say).

Just to muddy the waters here some more,

Kevin