sudden Bidule problem, help!

Title: sudden Bidule problem, help!

I run Bidule with lots of plugins on a 32bit Windows Vista notebook, so far, without problems. Larger setups, as I usually use them, put processor usage to about 60-80% without playing anything - I often have to avoid certain VSTis or effects that are too much for the system, or the processor usage goes beyond 100% and the audio begins to crackle.

Today the same larger setups suddenly start at way beyond 100% - and I have no idea why this is. The computer itself doesn't seem more busy than usual. No other software is running, I deactivated all services that I don't need, processor usage is near zero.

What can I do? I have a gig tomorrow and what I planned to do suddenly doesn't work now.

Michael