Re: What can blind and visually impaired loopers do?

Hi Rusty,

I know several blind musicians, and the reliance on menus, multi-function buttons and GUIs in modern technology is irksome for them. Raul Midon played an interesting trick at dinner one night when he asked people to pull out their iPhones and try to perform the most basic tasks with their eyes closed.

I recommend the Electro Harmonix 2880 looper. Unlike any other looper on the market, each button on the unit has only a single function and there are individual physical sliders for tempo, track volume and rotary pots (not encoders!) for input level and track pan.

It can be operated without requiring visual feedback.

-Chuck Zwicky
New York