Re: mobius on a windows tablet?

I've used TouchOsc to control Logic in the studio, through the free
LogicTouch layout and it worked flawlessly! Today also Mobius supports
OSC; I just read the Mobius manual and it explains well how to write
the arguments for each button/fader in your OSC touch-device layout. I
guess you have to type them into the layout but unfortunately all my
layouts on my iPhone have disappeared, probably with some current iOS
upgrade and I don't have time to redo it.

For Mobius I was thinking that maybe I could use my old Airport
Express as the access point (plugged into the MBP by Ethernet) and
that way get a stronger WiFi network that won't suffer from radio
waves etc and require no setup time at gigs. Then I was thinking about
maybe using Osculator on the Mobius host lappy to be able to keep all
existing MIDI bindings in Mobius.

Setting all that up takes some time and when thinking about it I'm not
sure it would be the best solution for me either. I mean; for concerts
where you don't want to schlepp the full MIDI control pedalboard it
can in fact be more fun for the audience to watch you slap a finger on
a laptop key now and then, giving a more explicit picture of what you
are doing than a touchscreen mounted on an instrument. Computer keys
can be felt with tactile fingering so you wouldn't have to lose out on
audience eye contact that much, which is a good point IMHO. But the
optimal solution would be to have tactile buttons/faders controller
mounted on the instrument to allow you to walk around freely while
playing. Maybe IK Multimedia will expand its Bluetooth supporting
product line in this direction?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com