Re: difference harmonix 45000 and boomerang 3?

Rusty,

 I'd like to clarify your question a bit.

In the 2880 you have four simultaneous mono loops and one stereo loop, all the same length, and each of these may be muted via MIDI or by using the physical fader on the unit.

This allows you to build a song structure by keeping the underlying beat going (maybe on the stereo "Track M" fader) and treating the four mono loops as individual parts.

While they cannot be programmed to play sequentially, they can be muted live on the fly and this will bring about a similar result.

The 45000 expands on this concept by allowing you to switch to a whole new set of 4 mono + 1 stereo loop tracks on the fly.

-Chuck Zwicky