Re: How to play bass track with guitar ?

This is the double-neck I built so I could have a hardtail for a dedicated "Open A" tuned with flatwounds with the bottom neck set up with Floyd in regular tuning. I originally thought I would use it more for live that recording but the two necks seem to sing together so it's obvious this thing will be stuck to me a lot. This picture is from before completion.

https://www.facebook.com/david.messenger.31/photos

Careful what you build, you just might fall in love....

David

On 12/12/2013 11:57 AM, Christophe wrote:
>About those double necks, doesn't it make it harder to play on either of those necks? I can't see it being totally comfortable (have never tried it).<

You betcha, and they're heavy, too!  The only time most people play them at all is in a live setting where a switch-off is demanded within a song.  Stairway to Heaven is the obvious example.  Page drops that doubleneck like a hot potato after the song is over and goes back to his LP.