Re: In search of a multi-effects stompbox

Adrenalinn.  Lots of nifty effects and MIDI.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Brent Taylor <threeleggedyoyo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Does the ability for the delay effects to sync via MIDI matter to you? If so, this narrows down the list considerably.

~Brent
www.facebook.com/sciencegonewrong

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 00:07:27 +0100
Subject: In search of a multi-effects stompbox
From: moinsound@googlemail.com
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com

All,

I'm looking at a setup which, in addition to one microphone (to pickup instruments, as well as noises), consists of a mixer and some effects, more specifically:

Mixer: Mackier 1202VLZ Pro
Effects: Korg KP3 (connected to the Alt 3/4), Boss DD20, Digitech PDS8000, EH SMM w/Hazari, Line6 M9 (via the Auxes).

I used to have a Zoom G2.1u guitar pedal as a multi effect in that setup, but removed it, as it isn't very intuitive to play. So right now, I'm looking for the following to complement this loop/delay-heavy setup:

1. Stompbox or tabletop form factor,
2. Not too large (up to M9 acceptable, better more like DD20),
3. Can be powered from PSU,
4. Multi-effects (i.e. more than one effect at once, and reasonable choice of effect types),
5. Variety (i.e. not a second M9).

I have been looking at the Zoom G3 (flexible, cheap), the EH Tone Tattoo (analogue) and the EH Epitome (not really funny for the job, as I don't need that polyphonic guitar synth thingie at all).

Question: What would be your recommendations for this? Any pro/cons on the aforementioned devices?

Thanks,

           Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de