Re: Hi Michael, Rick Walker here with the Y2K14 LOOPFESTIVAL with important and timely news

Rick I'm sorry that it appears the product of so much of your work the last dozen years or more has run in to such struggles in Santa Cruz. Though it's late in the game maybe it's time to seriously consider a logistics change as Nevyn proposed though that is probably another year but moving this to Oregon and in a what sounds like an open farm might lead to a whole different spin on the fest including an audience that might be worth the change.

From your telling of what is going on in Santa Cruz these days with the support maybe it's leading you that way though this is your home of many years and you are known so naturally it seems the community should support you.  I suspect people have become both a bit greedy for money in some way or fearing some sort of legality.

I have not been able to participate in Loopfest since 2009 but have many wonderful memories of the 5 years I did and someday I think I will return.  I'm not at that musical place these days as I'm involved in another muse but I suspect in time the music will draw me there again.

Okay this is my two cents.  For what seems like the present the intamacy of house concerts and hopefully your supporting galleries in San Jose and the other place may in the end be a change that might turn in to a positive this year, I particularly hope so.  Your festival and this community needs to continue to live in a live world.

Wishing you the best with Y2K's survival this year, I will be forecasting good karma your way.

Jim