midi syncing with boomerang

Hi folks,
I'm expecting delivery of my BeatBuddy drum machine soon.

I will be using it in conjunction with my boomerang III, and I just
want to make sure I understand things.

Is it correct that the Rang can only be slave and follow a midi clock?
this means, then, that my drum machine will be master?

Does this mean that if I press any loops on the Rang, nothing will
happen on the drum machine?
Also, when I want to record my first loop, do I need to start the drum
machine before recording if I want to play over the drums, or can they
some how be started when I press the loop button to record my first
loop?

thanks for helping this rang/midi newby.

Rusty