More archives Terry Riley

don't know if old hat (once again) but worth re-mentioning even so if not known by all. Here is a "Wow!" performance of vintage Riley from 1975 - the tape delay seems to be used for a short delay, and no TLA per se, but still, the master doing short duration looping.

It's from a mixed media thing Robert Ashley did, called "Music from the Aether: Opera for Television". The video version is here: the music starts at the 58 minute mark after the interviews
http://writing.upenn.edu/pennsound/x/Ashley.php

There's an interview with him an hour long there, sitting on a bench on a hilsside covered with dry grass before that.
It is featured along with content from David Behrman, Philip Glass, Alvin Lucier, Gordon Mumma and Pauline Oliveros

There's an mp3 here http://ubumexico.centro.org.mx/sound/aether/Music-Aether_06_02_Riley.mp3

There's a moment at about 12:45 for a while where he alters the flow that is so perfect I get goosebumps every time I hear it. Why I revere his art.