Re: midi pitchbend

no, you should be able to pitch bend perfectly on a midi guitar. you can do it on the roland guitar synths, but they have a global setting to control the "width" of the pitch bend and also to turn it off, so the midi notes sent out step from one pitch to the next (useful if you're using piano sounds etc)