Re: Software looping

Hello Per! Thanks for the reply. Greetings from Wisconsin.

So I believe that would take care of series looping (having an a,b or c part) as long as I can switch between parts with a pedal.

yes the latency I'm having is only with monitor set to "in" the only reason I'm doing that is because YouTube tutorials are telling me I have to do that to use plug in effects live on a channel. Other wise with monitoring off I don't have latency.

Is there a way to have start and stop clip mapped to one button. Right now push button starts recording then second push stops recording and plays loop(perfect!) would like one more press to stop or resume the loop playing (like a loop pedal)

On Dec 3, 2015 9:24 AM, "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Josh,

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Josh Elliott <jrelliott500@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not think series looping is possible in software?

What do you mean by "series looping"? Stacking a series of loops for
alternate triggering over a channel? If so, that's how Live works with
recorded audio clips. Triggering a new loop on a channel silences the
playing loop, on the same track/channel.

> Also...I'm experiencing latency in certain circumstances but I believe it's
> because I'm currently using an old duo core home pc.

I'm afraid you're wrong there. Latency comes from the time it takes to
digitise the audio and process it in the software. The trick with
software based loopers is to NOT monitor your input audio through the
software! Most audio interfaces have this "direct monitoring" or
"direct ASIO" function that simply splits the signal in two; one part
goes into the software to get processed and one part goes directly to
the amp/PA/speakers. With looping you should never have any latency
because when audio gets recorded into a loop the software has plenty
of time to compensate for latency until it is time to play back that
audio (on next loop return).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com