Re: software looper

Sounds very interesting guys. Albeit perhaps a bit too geeky for my brain. My hope was/is that I could ditch, or perhaps combine the rang with the usb controllers, since I need to potentially be looping both electric guitar, electric bass-guitar, vocals and sometimes even keyboard in the same song, and that's just a mess waiting to happen, when you can't control the individual loops volume, and only got an undo of the very last thing you did (unless you call shutting off loop "undo"). However, the idea behind getting the rang and side car was and perhaps still is, that I could have that as the hardware backbone, thus relieving the computer from doing the looping tasks. As time has gone by without me getting thaat much further, I could potentially be looking at not getting my first ideal setup up and running the way I want it, until the next generation of MacBook Pro's arrive, which should be by summer 2016. So by then, or by when I can actually afford something like that, I would hope I could do it all in the box with effects etc. with low latency. That's been my dream for over a decade. But, I can't sit around and wait for that, so I gotta listen to you experts and start to get a stable and capable system up and running somehow with what I got, and can afford. Even if that means going stand-alone instead of DAW, or if it means running software looping and the boomerang combined. At first obviously I had thought I could do it all with the boomerang, but I find it too dogma'ish and tend to create the loops the same way, with loop 3 as master, and then add on the 1,2 and 4 channels, but that only takes me about 1/3rd or 1/4th of the way to sounding professional enough. Mind you I'm not usually trying to do soundscape type of stuff, but rather trying to make a one-man "band" sound like a 4 piece..

Might as well show my current in the works board, as I appreciate the input from you guys, and I'm sure I can learn a lot if I sit down and take the time to try and understand some of the neat ideas and tricks y'all are mentioning, that I don't really this point understand what even means :) If anyone has "rang" type presets and layouts for whatever software (mac capable) I'm all ears and inbox, cause I have no programming skills whatsoever :)

http://ibin.co/2VQk9IPFgi95

http://ibin.co/2VQkM64457bv