Re: software looper

On 01/02/2016 20:11, Sylvain Poitras wrote:

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:24 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk
<mailto:akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>> wrote:

    Mike Nelson seems dead against adding midi capability,
    and perhaps he's right that it would scare off potential users.

He did seem open to adding some MIDI implementation when I last emailed
him about it.

great!

It would be nice to have an alternative to the sidecar.

Also would open up a lot more possibilities.

 I'm tempted to sniff out whatever messages are sent by the sidecar and
try to program a MCU to replicate it.

that would be cool.

While you're testing Andy, could you try to rapidly change decay with an
expression pedal from one extreme to the other while overdubbing?

of course :-)

I get a zipperish noise on mine when I do that and I'm still unsure
whether it's a bug in the looper or just an issue with my unit.

Yes, both the loop vol and decay functions have dreadful zipper noise
when using the pedal.

Sylvain