Re: testing

Sigh — need more caffeine, I guess. That should have read “SIGNAL to noise RATIO” … always beware of auto-complete!

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Dennis Moser <sinsofmachaut@gmail.com> wrote:
Let’s just say that the single to noise ration is much more skewed than here — I’m pondering some solutions to that.

I’m on a number of historic/alt photographic process FaceBook groups and the quality of discussion there actually puts the discussion here to shame, particularly as the file sharing capabilities there are superior to what we can on this list. That was actually one of the hopes when I created the FaceBook group.

So it really comes down to how you want to use it … I know some people squeal when I raise the issue of “moderation” of the FaceBook group, but frankly, the administration of that group can get quite onerous and is one reason why there are multiple administrators for it (that, and the vast time zone differences that we all collectively represent!).

The current FB LD group has become clogged with a lot of “COME LISTEN TO ME” members whom, it would seem, couldn’t be arsed to be engaged in any kind of technical discussions, which has resulted in a number of offshoot groups developing.

I’m almost of an opinion that this is the natural course of things …

Now get off my lawn … :)