Re: So what music are you listening to now?

Andy Butler wrote:
on the 'recommendation' of a certain Mr. Bowie: Donny McCaslin Quartet - Casting for Gravity.

I saw a fantastic clinic on soloing that Donny gave (he's a Santa Cruz boy, originally, son of a well known local jazz musician, Donny McCaslin, Sr. who is still performing in his 80's) and got a chance to sit in with him at a local jazz jam which was a total treat (Jeff Hamilton and
band were in the audience............holy shit!!!)

What an amazing musician. He's also one of the best clinician's I've ever seen and I've learned so
much from him about improvisation and soloing.

Anyway, I was tickled to see that you are listening to his beautiful record, Andy!

warmly,   Rick