 Subject: Re: OT: Space
 To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
 Date: Friday, March 18, 2016, 11:49 PM

 I will add
 to be aware of mud..For instance you can put a frequency
 spectrum analyser on your master, or individual
 tracks, Reaper has it built in for free as a plugin for
 instance. and some EQ's have it built i, so it's
 easy to see what's happening, and what happens once you
 change the EQ settings..So, cut the instruments that
 don't need the bottom, just to leave space for the bass
 and kick etc..same goes with mid tones and top. I'ts
 interesting feeding a noise type of signal and sweep through
 the frequencies to first of all figure out how your cans or
 speakers fair.
 Chances are
 your room isn't treated optimally, or your speakers
 can't handle the whole frequency spectrum in a linear
 (to your ears/mind) fashion..That's why it helps
 checking with the tools you have available, like an
 engineer, and then going in and cutting and boosting where
 aplicable.
 Another
 important thing is compression, parallell, multiband, and
 limiting..That can help a lot to get the mix you want.
 Looped or not.. At the end of the day, without a sound guy
 doing the riding, and if you don't have exp pedals for
 managing each individual volume, you'll have to rely on
 your own dynamic handling capablilites. And also there are
 auto-rider type plugins, though I dunno how much better that
 would be than setting your comp and limiter settings..Also
 lastly, learn about gain staging, and setup your chain
 properly, and lastly, make a headphone mix for YOU, and a
 master mix for the room, cause playing live you'd want
 to have your current instrument louder than the loops and
 once the loop is recorded, you'd want the next thing you
 play live to be louder than the loops, so you kinda need two
 mixes with separate outputs, headphone or not...These are
 also on my own "to do" list :)

 On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at
 3:46 AM, Ed Durbrow <edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp>