On-measure undo

My only experience with a function that will "undo" the most recent layer in a loop is with Boss RC-3. I am horrified at how unaesthetically Boss treats this function. Do any loopers undo at the end/beginning of the loop? The RC-3 just cuts the layer after 2 seconds of holding down the pedal. If my layer doesn't delete on-measure, it is practically useless. I'd rather stay with a layer I don't want than have it cut out as if a cat randomly stomped a delete button. It's not performance-friendly. Are other pedals better at undo?

Rocky