Re: Ableton Live and plug-ins preset change

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Luca - Unguitar <luca@unguitar.com> wrote:

> one question: which advantages do I get when putting my plugins in a
> rack instead of adding them to the same track?

That question is moot because plugins of a rack do play back over the
same track.

> Also, is there a way to set several plugins to react to a certain
> program change.

No. Because Ableton Live doesn't support MIDI PC. (this is one reason
- among a few - why people use racks instead)

> Say I want to set them all on midi channel #1 and send PC#14 to recall a
> certain specific memory.
> Is this possible?

No.

> I like the idea of the rack but I see that I miss the chance to
> visualize all plugins state (bypass) as this useful advice makes
> possible:
> http://www.resoundsound.com/ableton-live-show-devices-plugins-on-tracks/
>
> This is very useful to check the global plugins' state on a shot.
>
> What do you think about it?

That's a nice new (post v.8) feature I didn't know about! I've
suffered exactly that in the past during important concerts and solved
it by using Apple's Mainstage instead for Live (very good visuality).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
www.boysen.se