 Subject: Re: OT cheap modular synths
 To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
 Date: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 2:45 PM

 Hey
 Mark,
 Would you be willing
 to post pictures of your DIY modular system? Sounds
 cool!
 On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at
 1:49 PM, mark francombe <markfrancombe@gmail.com>

 Sent from my iPad

 Michał Wiernowolski <mihalw@gmail.com>
 wrote:

 > Sorry Mattia, cheap modular synths do not exist.

 Im sorry, but i would have to disagree. I have a
 pretty huge moduler Synth, but it cost me very little,
 compared to what it does, and whats its comprised of.
 However, it is true to say that opning a moduler is an
 addiction, and AS such, the regular freding of that
 addiction, will become expensive In time. Now you can go and
 but moduler such as that sexy little Make Noise one someone
 posted ( make noise being one of the more expensive module
 manufacturers by the way) or you do it another way.

 DIY.

 Now, if you are thinking/saying, i dont have the skills for
 soldering and Electronics, let me say one thing... forget
 modular now... you always be re-wiring power supplies,
 checking voltages with multi-meters and thats half the fun
 of modular. But let me say, you have the skill, its not
 hard... a few tools, a few tests, and alot of YouTube
 tutorials, anyone can build a modular synth nowadays...
 and... the best bit... its dirt cheap!

 First you need a power supply, this you Get from china, or
 eBay... ill post links if you are interested... 20bucks...
 then you look around for kits... again... links if you want
 them... at first i would stick to through Hole component
 kits, and pick simple things first... look for "Panel /
 pcb" kits which sometimes have inkluded burnt chips. so
 how much are we takling... well of coursehe skys the limit,
 but if On a budget, you can pick up a panel for 10, and pcb
 for 5, all the components for 7. From pricy places like
 Grayscale (who make lovely panels) maybe 25 or 30 for a
 panel for one module.

 to of course have to make a box, do a little woodwork... but
 those lovely swedes IKEA made a handy bedside table called
 RAST that fits the bill wonderfully... Google rast
 modding.

 I realise that you will tale the sensible avvise of the
 others on this list and by a mini ms20... and sq01 OK
 fine.... no problem all you want to do is on the run by pink
 floyd... but a bit like looping, a modular can change your
 Life, and is not something to be afraid of...

 One question... how understanding is the wife?

 Mark

 --
 Art
 Simon